STRATFORD, Conn. -- Square One Theatre Company in Stratford concludes its 26th anniversary season with a three-week celebration of "Motherhood Out Loud," starring Leigh Katz of Westport, Lucy Babbitt of Stratford, Lillian Garcia of Woodbridge and Kiel Stango of Waterbury.
The show takes the audience on a roller-coaster ride of joys, sorrows and perplexities every family shares by having or being a mother. Motherhood Out Loud dares to tell the audience what they weren’t told in “what to expect when you're expecting.”
Performances of "Motherhood Out Loud" are Thursdays through Sundays from May 12-29 at the theatre’s new location on the stage of Stratford Academy at 719 Birdseye St. in Stratford, off I-95, Exit 32 (northbound and southbound) in Stratford Center
Motherhood Out Loud was conceived by Susan R. Rose and Joan Stein and directed by Tom Holehan.
Performances of Motherhood Out Loud are as follows:
- Thursday, May 12 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 13 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 14, two performances: 4 p.m. (twilight matinee) and 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 15 at 2 p.m. (matinee)
- Thursday, May 19 at 7pm
- Friday, May 20 at 8pm
- Saturday, May 21, two performances at 4 p.m. (twilight matinee) and 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 22 at 2 p.m. (matinee)
- Thursday, May 26 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 27 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 28, two performances at 4 p.m. (twilight matinee) and 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 29, at 2 p.m. (matinee – final performance)
Single tickets are $20 for adults and $19 for senior citizens and students. Tickets may be purchased by phone at 203--375-8778, online by clicking here or in person at the box office 60 minutes prior to each performance.
On Tuesday, May 31, the Friends of Square One Theatre will host "Play It Again, Square One" for a post-performance discussion of "Motherhood Out Loud" with the director and available cast members at noon in the Lovell Room of the Stratford Library, at 2203 Main St.
Square One Theatre Company is a not-for-profit cultural arts organization.