Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Menu

Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

neighbors

GoFundMe Page Established For Stratford Councilman Who Lost Home In Fire

The Stratford Fire Department extinguishes the fire at 196-198 Larkin Court on Thursday.
The Stratford Fire Department extinguishes the fire at 196-198 Larkin Court on Thursday. Photo Credit: Contributed
Firefighters contained the blaze to the second floor and attic of the Stratford duplex.
Firefighters contained the blaze to the second floor and attic of the Stratford duplex. Photo Credit: Stratford Professional Firefighters IAFF 998/Facebook
Wali Kadeem
Wali Kadeem Photo Credit: http://www.stratforddemocrats.com/

STRATFORD, Conn. -- A GoFundMe campaign to help Stratford 3rd District Councilman Wali Kadeem has garnered $1,310 since it was established days after his home was damaged in Thursday's fire.

Kadeem's family had to move into a hotel because they cannot live in their home. A scheduled vacation for the family this week was canceled.

Nobody was injured when the fire tore through the family's two-story duplex in Stratford on Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters responded about 3:30 p.m. and contained the fire to the second floor and attic of 196-198 Larkin Court, according to the Stratford Star.

Fire Marshal Brian Lampart said the fire spread from an electrical outlet near a bed, the Stratford Star said.

The Bridgeport and Milford fire departments assisted, the Stratford Star said.

Click here to read the Stratford Star story.

Click here to see the GoFundMe page.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.