STRATFORD, Conn. -- Please help Peter find a loving family.
He was found in St. Michaels Cemetery in Stratford curled in a ball, shivering, terrified, emaciated and in the rain underneath a bush.
He is friendly and about 7 years old, neutered, vaccinated, negative for disease and microchipped.
According to the Town of Stratford's animal adoption policy, those interested in adopting pets must follow these instructions:
- Fill out an application and be approved.
- All household members must come in at one time to meet the animal. The animal will not be shown until all members are present.
- Provide up-to-date veterinarian records for current pets.
- If you have a dog and want to adopt a dog, the current dog must be brought in for a meet and greet.
- Show proof of home ownership such as a tax bill or mortgage statement. Utility bills do not count as proof of home ownership. Renters must show a lease or a notarized letter from their landlord stating they are allowed to own a pet.
- Animals are not held while the potential adopter is gathering the requirements to have his or her application approved. Animals will be adopted to the first approved applicant that is the right match for the animal.
All animals impounded at the shelter must be advertised in a local paper and kept for a full seven days to ensure the proper owner has an opportunity to claim their missing animal.
All animals are spayed and neutered prior to going home unless veterinarian prohibits this.
- Unaltered animals: $60. This entitles the adopter to a microchip, discount voucher towards the spay or neuter and two free vaccinations at a participating veterinarian under the State of Connecticut's Animal Population Control Program. The animal will be dropped off at a veterinarian prior to adoption.
- Altered Animals: $15. These animals have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, tested for disease and microchipped, which has been paid for by donation. Additional donations are appreciated.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.