Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

2 Displaced In Stratford House Fire Blamed On Cigarette Ashes

Stratford Fire Department
Stratford Fire Department Photo Credit: Facebook

STRATFORD, Conn. — Two Stratford residents were displaced after their home was damaged by a fire ignited by cigarette ashes, according to Patch.com.

The Tuesday morning fire was contained to a bedroom of the home at 12 Bates St., Patch.com said.

No injuries were reported in the fire, which was caused by the improper disposal of cigarette ashes into a plastic garbage pail, Patch.com said.

The house is uninhabitable until repairs can be made, Patch.com said.

Click here for the story at Patch.com.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.