Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Empty Stratford Home Damaged In Morning Fire

A firefighter was injured during a chemical fire Oct. 27.
A firefighter was injured during a chemical fire Oct. 27. Photo Credit: Facebook

STRATFORD, Conn. — A vacant home listed for sale on Main Street near the Mill River Country Club was badly damaged in a Sunday morning fire, according to the Connecticut Post.

It took about an hour to bring the blaze under control in the one-story cape, the Post said.

The Stratford Professional Firefighters posted on Facebook that smoke was coming from the roof of the house as three lines were used to battle the blaze. No one was found in the home, the Facebook said. A reply on the Facebook post said the house once had a "math tutor" sign out front.

Two firefighters were checked for heat exhaustion, the Post said.

Click here to read the story at the Connecticut Post website.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.