STRATFORD, Conn. -- Firefighters reported that a ventilation fan probably caused a fire at a home on Oceanview Terrace in Stratford on Monday, said NBC Connecticut.
The resident tried to put out the fire with a garden hose but was unable to keep it from spreading. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic area of the home, which also received some water damage, reported the news channel.
According to the NBC News Connecticut, nine people live in the rented home and will be displayed for a short time, the news source said.
Click here to read the entire NBC Connecticut story.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.