Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Neighbor Helps Elderly Stratford Couple Escape Garage Fire

The Stratford Fire Department extinguished a blaze that forced an elderly couple from their home Wednesday night.
The Stratford Fire Department extinguished a blaze that forced an elderly couple from their home Wednesday night. Photo Credit: http://www.townofstratford.com/

STRATFORD, Conn. -- A Stratford man helped his elderly neighbors escape a fire in a garage attached to their home Wednesday, according to a report in ctpost.com.

The blaze, which caused heavy damage and caused the home at 178 Porter St. to be declared uninhabitable by fire officials, was extinguished a little after 8 p.m., according to ctpost.

To read the full report, click here .

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.