STRATFORD, Conn. -- The Stratford Police Department recently conducted unannounced compliance inspections of vendors of tobacco products.
The inspections were performed to check compliance with laws prohibiting the sale of cigarettes and tobacco products to youth under the age of 18.
The 19 inspections were conducted with staff members of the State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and Tobacco Prevention and Enforcement Program (TPEP).
An underage youth employed by the TPEP attempted to purchase tobacco products under the direction and supervision of DMHAS investigators.
Three establishments were found to be in violation, and the clerks were issued an infraction of $200.
The following businesses were allegedly found to be in violation of the law:
- Barnum Avenue C-Store at 1607 Barnum Ave.
- Boston Avenue Mart at 265 Boston Ave.
- Walgreens at 1601 Barnum Ave.
The following establishments were found in compliance with the law:
- Citgo 2930, Main St.
- S&R Sales LLC, 3634 Main St.
- Windsor Package Store, 3700 Main St.
- 7 Eleven, 3621 Main St.
- EZ Stop, 3355 Main St.
- Cigar Junction, 1030 Barnum Ave.
- Barnum Wine and Spirits, 1340 Barnum Ave.
- Checker Food and Deli, 1796 Barnum Ave.
- Dolly's Deli and Convenience, 6 Boston Ave.
- Citgo Quick Mart, 2000 Barnum Ave.
- S&S Wine and Liquor Warehouse, 40 Boston Ave.
- Family Dollar, 310 Boston Ave.
- Lucky Discount Liquors, 330 Boston Ave.
- Barnum Avenue Hess, 1975 Barnum Ave.
- Honeyspot Motor Lodge, 360 Honeyspot Rd.
- Friendly Service Station #37, 440 Lordship Blvd.