STRATFORD, Conn. -- Sikorsky in Stratford is looking to hire for the position of firefighter E.M.T.
Duties for the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Structural and aircraft rescue firefighting
- Hazardous material response
- Confined space rescue
- Entering IDLH atmospheres
- Providing emergency medical treatment
- Participating in fire prevention programs
- Completing written inspection reports
- Fire extinguisher inspections
- Testing and minor maintenance of fire alarms and related equipment
- Inspecting, testing, and operating fire department vehicles and rescue boats
- Receiving and dispatching alarms
- Routine station cleaning assignments
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the position include fire department, firefighting and rescue service experience from a military, municipal, airport, industrial or organized volunteer fire department.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree, Connecticut State Certified Firefighter II, Connecticut State Certified EMT, Class Q or a Class “B” CDL with tanker endorsement,
Applicants are required to pass a comprehensive medical exam that includes a treadmill-stress test prior to permanent appointment.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.