Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Two Left Homeless After Fire In Stratford House

An early morning fire scorched the two-story home at 436 Sedgewick Ave. in Stratford.
An early morning fire scorched the two-story home at 436 Sedgewick Ave. in Stratford. Photo Credit: Stratford Professional Firefighters IAFF 998/Facebook

STRATFORD, Conn. — Two people were left homeless after a fire early Saturday in Stratford, according to the Red Cross and the Stratford Fire Department.

An overnight blaze, which started on the first floor, damaged the two-story home at 436 Sedgewick Ave., according to the Stratford Fire Department union's Facebook page.

The blaze was quickly knocked down, and no injuries were reported, fire officials said.

The American Red Cross said in a statement that it provided assistance to meet the family's emergency needs.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.