STRATFORD, Conn. -- State Rep. J.P. Sredzinski of Monroe, who is the Town of Stratford's public safety dispatch adviser, was presented with the Legislator of the Year Award during National EMS Week in May at a recent State Capitol ceremony.
Aside from Sredzinski, who was nominated for the award by Stratford EMS, the state Department of Public Health (DPH) honored five additional EMS personnel and an EMS organization at the 50th Anniversary of the nation’s modern Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
The awards were presented to the following by Health Commissioner Dr. Raul Pino:
- Trumbull EMS (Governor’s Award)
- Dr. William Begg, of Newtown, Danbury Hospital’s EMS Medical Director (Dr. Mark E. Quigley Award)
- Maria Wilson, president of the Eastern EMS Council (Connecticut Public Health Commissioner’s Award)
- Joe Soto, treasurer of the Southwest EMS Council (Gillooly-Lawton Award)
- Audrie Babineau of the Colchester-Haywood EMS (George A. Ganung Volunteer of the Year Award)
- Erin Maloney of Enfield EMS (Distinguished Achievement Award)
The theme of this year’s EMS week (May 15-21) is “Called to Care” and is a part of a larger campaign, EMS STRONG, by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT), to recognize and inspire EMS personnel and strengthen the profession nationally.
“Every day, the dedicated and committed professional and volunteer EMS staff in our communities make Connecticut’s EMS system work,” stated Pino. “I am grateful to the men and women who provide all Connecticut residents top quality EMS services twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week."
“National EMS Week is our opportunity to recognize the contributions made by Connecticut’s emergency medical services personnel, who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of the medical front line,” added Raffaella Coler, director of the state Health Department’s Office of Emergency Medical Services.
For more information on the awards and EMS week, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.