STRATFORD, Conn. — Richard Rousseau and his family lost their home when the Stratford house burned to the ground in a fire, according to a GoFundMe page established by a friend.
The GoFundMe is asking for donations to help the Rousseaus through this difficult time.
Thankfully, everyone got out of the house safely, but the family's cats died in the blaze, Antonio "Tony" Acevedo said in his message on the GoFundMe page.
"I am just lost right now," Rousseau told Acevedo shortly after the tragedy.
"Unfortunately many families are not going to have a joyful Christmas. So, if I may ask everyone to reach into all of your goodness, all of your blessings, all of your happiness, and all of your generosity to help my friend Richard and his family in this most difficult time in their life," the post says.
Click here for the Rousseau family's GoFundMe page.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.