SHELTON, Conn. — A portable propane heater is the likely cause of a fire in a Shelton mobile home that left an elderly man dead on Friday, according to the Valley Independent Sentinel.
Before completing the investigation, the fire marshal is awaiting a ruling from the medical examiner on the cause of death of 75-year-old Richard Kowalsky, the Valley Independent Sentinel said.
The fire began at 5:45 p.m. Friday in the rear bedroom of the mobile home at 35 Hemlock Drive in the Fairchild Mobile Home Park.
When they arrived, firefighters found the rear of mobile home fully engulfed in flames, fire officials said. Firefighters had the blaze under control within 30 minutes.
Kowalsky was found dead in the rear bedroom after the fire was extinguished, fire officials said.
Click here for the story at the Valley Independent Sentinel.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.